Tuesday, June 28, 2011

York Wild Animal Kingdom, Take 2

Yesterday we went to York Wild Animal Kingdom. This is where we all learned that it is helpful to go with other Mommies, as we all have eachother's backs. We had Jenny with Caroline and Troy; Lauren with Declan and Nolan; Michelle with Ainsley; and Heather with Bryce and Laurel (in addition to me with Joel Andrew and James, of course). All Moms were there to pitch in when someone's little needed to be fed, someone's big needed to go potty, or if someone needed to go potty. I am not sure I could have done it alone, plus it would have been far less fun!
The double stroller stress still continued, but I am solid now in my plan. We ended up buying the attach-on seat to our existing uppababy. This saves us hundreds of dollars, plus the space of having yet another stroller. Other Moms had the side-by-side yesterday making us slightly jealous, but really - how long was Joel Andrew in the stroller for? From the parking lot to the entrance, that's it. Not even to the parking lot on the way back. I can't wait till the foot-riding attachment for our stroller comes in, he will love that!
The toddlers all loved the zoo, it was such a different experience than last year where we had to strain to point out the animals and get them to notice anything. Declan wildly screamed as he saw the crocodiles. At one point I was saying to the other Moms: "What animal is that?" And Joel Andrew says: "Mommy, Llama!" Yes, I know, I should recognize a llama when I see one but bringing two under two to the zoo is tiring.
Once again we noticed the zoo was small, but it was perfect for our little ones. As they grow older there are more things for them to do, I am looking forward to next year when we can try the paddle boats, Joel Andrew can ride on the elephant, and maybe even go on the carnival rides too. There is plenty to do there.
So, although I started off the day saying "why did I come up with this activity? How am I going to do this?" And, I ended our lunch by saying: "I am not sure that I can do anything with two..." I can tell you it was totally worth it. Joel Andrew had a great time and I look back and I know I did too. It is nice to get out with other Mom's for a bit. Everyone's child took turns in meltdown time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment