I should say I miss them. I guess I kinda do. But not really. This has been nice. Really nice. Taking a nap without hearing screaming in the background, and feeling guilt for doing so. Or getting things done without watching the monitor in fear that someone will wake up. Just sitting, in my living room. Without someone asking to watch Mickey every two minutes.
We had some friends over last night. And, once again Mommy and Daddy partied it up. So today was a welcome day, one filled with lots of napping, eating, tv watching and procrastinating. Why fold the laundry now, when I can do it later? Why worry about dinner? We can run out and grab something. Things seem easier. Lighter, more relaxed. We have been transported back to a magical time. A wonderful time where one can focus on the football game, where dogs are once again the beloved center of attention, where I can finish my food if I want, where I can take a nap or a shower when I want. Today, it is 2008 in our home.
But, tomorrow it will be back to 2011. I love the kids but I am having a hard time with the two of them. Everyone who has two close together always says in the beginning it is really hard but then it gets easier. And soon it is the best. I am hoping for soon sometime soon because it has certainly not gotten easier yet. But as for today. I think I will bring my computer downstairs where no one will spill juice on it, putz around on the Internet and watch me some football, punctuated by some additional naps and grazing. Hmmm. Perhaps I should make this an every 6-month thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment