
This weekend was Aunt Jennie and Uncle Jeremy's big party. For weeks I have been telling Joel Andrew about the big party and all who would be there. It seems like almost everyone he knows and loves was there, and that he was the center of attention (besides the bride, of course), so he had a ball.

The rehearsal was rough, it looked like there was no way my man was getting down the aisle. I prepared the bride and mother of the bride for the very likely fact that we might need to just bag the whole idea and he can sit in the car with my parents. I just did not want him to throw a tantrum while I forced him to do this. Or worse, get halfway down the aisle and then throw one. The day of the wedding comes, and I am as nervous as I can be.

But no worries, the ham in him was out in full force. He loved the photo session. He seemed a little confused why everyone was so dressed up but otherwise his usual self. When we got to the church I knew he would be fine, and he was. I cried the whole way down the aisle. Not because Jennie and Jeremy were getting married, but because my boy did it! He walked down the aisle. He was a little star struck, but who wouldn't be. Just think about it, all of the sudden you are in this weird monkey suit, everyone you know is all dressed up and looking pretty, and they are staring at you as you walk down a long aisle of a building you have never been in before. Confusing! (yes, he was not baptized, a blog for another time but the Catholic in my family ends with me).

I walked him right down the aisle, and I handed him right off to Nana like, my job is done here. Nana handed him back to my parents and they walked him right back out of the church through the side aisle while Baby James wailed the whole time. I think he was jealous that he did not get to go down the aisle... Either way, my children were not going to be the stars of the ceremony, so they waited in the car. Jennie and Jeremy got hitched, and then we were off to party!

And what a party it was! Joel Andrew said hello to everyone in there. He was running up to people and saying: "Hey, that's (insert name); Hi (insert name)!" To everyone. He was continually amazed at how many people there he knew. He danced really well with Mommy, and Ama, and Nana, and any lady that would dance with him. And, he found a new girlfriend too - one of Jennie's friend's from college. He kept taking her to the gazebo outside. It might not work out though, first off she is a little old for him and second off she lives in London.

Baby James was also a ham. At one point we had all of the babies of the evening, and there were a lot of them, in one room getting changed. The other Matron of Honor's daughter, 6 week old Ella, and Jennie's cousin's son, 3 month old Jace were as quiet as can be as they were getting their diaper's changed. Not James, he was gigging and swaking, and googling and blowing raspberries. The new Moms were wondering is their kids would be this noisy. My guess is no, I just happen to have noisy and charasmatic children.

My highlight point of the evening is when Jennie's other cousin's baby, Lyla, (who is about 8 or 9 months now?) - grabbed Baby James hand and giggled at him. I think she was in love. That is ok, though - right? They are second cousins...

During cocktail hour the wedding party snuck down to the green to take some photos. This is another highlight point, with my child as the star (sorry Bride)... But a foursome was just finishing off their round when we came upon the place. Soon enough, Joel Andrew was out there putting with the guys. Do you believe his put (with the man's help, of course) actually made it in! The entire wedding party who were above at the cocktail hour, waiting for our group photo to be shot, erupted in massive cheers. Once again Joel Andrew was in awe of what was going on. Still a ham.

All in all, it was a very good day. Ama and Grumpy were stars to watch the kids, bring them where they needed to be when, and leave the wedding early to put them to bed so Mom could focus on some fun... Lots of hard work for them, but I think they enjoyed it. They are certainly napping this week!
Congratulations to Aunt Jennie and Uncle Jeremy!

My mom said she had a great time :-) Glad to hear the kids were well behaved and I hope you got to enjoy yourself too!
ReplyDelete