Friday, September 30, 2011

Good Day

You know you have been bad when people you haven't spoken to in a while send you emails out of the blue with lines like: "hang in there." "I know it has been rough." Or, when you haven't seen someone in a while and the first thing they say to you is: "Are you alright? You sound so sad on Facebook."

Yeah, I have been having a tough time. Lots of contributing factors to that. But I am happy to announce that this week, has been a good week. I had a few events that I cannot go into on public blog site (not cause they are dirty, just cause they are non-family life related) that boosted my ego, even if just for the time being. Also, Baby James slept till 7 this morning! I know, it is a one time fluke. I enjoyed it. But in general, my more relaxed atmosphere has also lended for a more relaxed child atmosphere. Which is nice.
Joel Andrew has been super adorable. He likes to say things like "Don't worry Mommy" (he must be reading the blog too), or draw circles, or recount his day. The newest thing we do is tell him what we are going to do in the future, to get him excited. He cannot wait to see the clowns and the lions at the Circus tomorrow.

James has also been a little sweetheart. Yes, this is because he slept until 7 this morning, but also because he is really Mr. Happy. I took him off the refluz meds a few weeks ago because we forgot a night, and I was weaning him to once a day anyway, and then we forgot another night and he seemed fine. He still pukes a ton, but he is a chunk. He still goes through his squawking loudly, but it does not seem to be in total pain and is usually because he wants to go to sleep. I have been abusing the swing lately, but I am back to "whatever gets the job done."
We have some fun things coming up. Circus tomorrow, Topsfield Fair on Monday, Sunday River for the Wife Carrying competition. I hope all this can keep me distracted and my head up! It is so much easier to go through the day a little bit happier and a little less tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment