
Today we got a sitter for Baby James (Auntie Jennie and Unkie Jeremy) and we went to the Circus! The Ringling Bros. Circus! They kept talking about P.T. Barnum, and it got me excited for the days in high school when I was in the show Barnum - I played the Ringmaster. Anyway, the Circus has been around for a really long time and is quite a remarkable thing. I spent a lot of the show sizing up the various characters performing in front of us and had a huge urge to read Water for Elephants. Who are these people? Where do they come from? How do they know how to do this stuff? What do they think of our country - traveling to these random venues? (we were at the Verizon Arena in Manchester). So interesting. They were so talented, it made America's Got Talent people look pathetic.

Joel Husband of course bought the super dooper tickets. We sat in what is normally the penalty box for the ice hockey team there. We had special passes, and we got to go into the ring at one point and watch the show on the floor. Joel Andrew was most amazed at the motorcycles in the steel ball. That is kind of ridiculous to me, I don't see the point, but the boys loved it.

If you go, I would highly recommend getting there early. There is a pre-show where no matter what ticket you have you get to go in the ring and sit next to the clowns and see the performances up close. Kind of a warm-up for the actual show. This was good to get Joel Andrew out of his shell. There is a lot going on at the Circus, and can be overwhelming for a toddler.

I was surprised at how many people the Circus employs, and how little the crowd was that was there. I hope that they are not hurting, but I guess it is not cheap for a family of four ($70 family pack was the cheapest). But, my guess is that is close to the price for going to the movies, or a Museum for a day, and this was so much fun. Yeah, I know, people probably are offended by the elephants, ponies, tigers, etc. being paraded out in front of us. But, it is a big part of our history. I hope the Sunday Morning show does a segment on this soon.

Hands down, all of our FAVORITE part of the show - the Elephants! We can't wait to bring Baby James next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment