Sunday, October 9, 2011

James, 5 months

Tomorrow James, you will be 5 months old. I am guessing you are about 20 pounds now, and you are already into 9 month clothing. You have lapped your brother for seasons, and will probably fit into the clothes he wore his second Christmas, for your first Christmas.

You LOVE to eat. Mommy tried to hold you off, but you were not having it. When we first fed you, you seemed a little sad. Maybe you did not like food? Nope, we figured out pretty quickly that you were just frustrated. How do you get more? How do you get it down quicker? More! Now we ration food for you every morning and night because you are still supposed to 95% be on milk. You lap up the bowl, whether it be rice, oatmeal, barley; or apples, squash, bananas, prunes, pears. Then you beg for more. I'd like to say this eating has calmed down your constant puking - but it hasn't. Now we just have fun-colored puke... I can't wait till you can start to feed yourself. I am going to have a ball watching you eat puffs.
You did such a good job figuring out sleep on your own, for a week. Then Mommy took the swaddle away and you were very confused. But you are a smart little man and I know you will figure it out soon. We know you can do it! It is very sad but we are going to have to put the swing away soon too - you are getting way too big and strong for it! As you get to the point of learning to sit up and pull yourself up, swing needs to go... But oh how snuggly you look in it...

As with your brother, every where you go ladies swoon. You are such a handsome little man that everyone is drawn to you. Your toothless smile is priceless, but I know that is not for long either as if all the drool, the rosy cheeks and the need to bite my fingers are any indication, teeth maybe sometime soon as well.
It is hard not to wish this baby time away. To wish you to an age where you are running around and playing with your brother. To when you sleep with no problems, or can feed yourself. We all know I have had a hard time trying to get it all done, and so I do wish for this time next year a lot. But please know, there are many moments where I recognize and try to remember forever how precious you are as such a little man. When you fall asleep in my arms and I stare at you for a while. When I tickle your toes and you coo at me. When you grab my fingers and squeeze them tight. I am going to miss my little guy. But I am even more excited to see how fun my big guy will become!

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute! Kind of makes up for those ridiculously early mornings, doesn't it? Well...kind of :-)

    ReplyDelete