Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Trip to the Bank

Yesterday we made a trip to the bank. I thought some of the boys money they received as babies should be making more money than the .0001% it is currently making in savings, so we went to buy CDs. I am too chicken to put anything into investments right now... So there we are, seated across a person at the bank in what should be a simple trip.

Well, has anyone ever said to you: "I'm so glad you guys came in, it has made my day!" ? Because someone said that to James and I yesterday. We were super excited to be at an outing, he was giggling and cooing in delight. I was clearly excited that he was just being well-behaved. All other trips to the bank with my boys is always a screaming fit. But there he was, in his bucket having a grand time as I answered questions and we filled paperwork.

Then, it happened. A huge, big, deep groaning noise like I have never heard before. James' face turns bright red, he squints his little eyes and clasps his tiny fingers together. Big. Deep. Groan. We are at the back of the bank, and people in the front are looking around. What is this noise? The bank teller I am with does not yet have children, and is alarmed. "Is he ok? Is everything alright?"

I take one quick glance back at his red face that immediately melts into a smile and I burst out laughing. I don't think I have laughed so hard in months. I then explain that the baby is just trying to poop.

25 minutes, and a ridiculous amount of grunts later, and we are done with our banking. But, I think James has made a lasting impression on the people there. I think we should get a higher interest rate for it! Poor James though, he is in need of some prunes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment