Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby-Thumb

James is a thumb sucker.  We have been casually trying to break him of this by saying: "No baby-thumb" when he is mid-suck, but it hasn't really worked.  I haven't been too nervous about it yet though - any tricks out there?  Here is what happened this morning, sure not to help stop him but...

We were on our way home from Sebago, and I decided not to put the movie on in the car in favor of a later in the day TV moment.  So, Joel Andrew mostly zoned and enjoyed listening to the music, but James talked and talked and talked.  Finally I said to Joel Andrew - "why is James talking so much?" And Joel Andrew said: "I don't know (annoyed)" and turned to James and said: "James, do baby thumb!"  This was too funny, plus I wanted 5 minutes of quiet, so I let it happen...

But seriously, now that I am getting to the point to be serious about it, any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment