Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Mini-Golf
In an effort to try to get back to having fun, being less-lazy, enjoy summer - but certainly not to eat better... we went out to mini-golf a few nights ago at Captain's Cove Adventure in Hampton. So much fun, and such an awesome time for the littles! It was a Monday night, there were people there but there was hardly a wait on any of the golf holes. The high school kids working the counter were actually nice, friendly and helpful! The best part, we had got this deal from Groupon, golf for four along with four ice cream cones for $19! This will work in their favor for sure as it was one of those places I always drove by but never went to - and Groupon made us do it and now we will be back!
We should talk about Joel Andrew and James Morris' golf game, but first I will mention that I was the only family member to get a hole in one, yay! Joel Husband's competitiveness was coming out in force, no, not really - just kidding. In all honesty, he did pretty well for a Williams- let his sons and me win at times- though he wanted to really teach the boys correct golfing etiquette like stay off the green while someone else is shooting and don't hit people with golf clubs, etc.
Joel Andrew did a good job, once we helped him line up the ball and hold the club correctly, and he would follow his ball nicely and get it in the cup eventually. A star! James, well, he didn't lose his ball the whole time, which is really saying something - I am so proud. I would teach James to swing and for fun I would say "A one, a two..." and then finally hit the ball on "A three!" - I immediately pictured James in the PGA doing the same thing before getting a birdie. In the end, when we went to the next hole, James would just walk his ball right over to the cup and put it right in, cheer, pick it up and want to go to the next hole. He will get better at this.
Mini Golf was capped by some ice cream - Joel Andrew is a serious chocolate ice cream eater... and then New England cuisine at the Old Salt. Dessert first, the new norm. Not a bad Monday night at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment