Thursday, July 25, 2013
Spontaneous Dinner
Last night we were driving home from daycare, Joel Husband in Canada, and as I was plotting my usual, I will put on a Mickey while I make dinner then we will eat dinner, then I will put on a movie while I clean up and check email then we will all watch the movie then they will go to bed... I noticed the weather was beautiful, and there was no time like the present. I asked the boys if they wanted to go to the beach for dinner, and Joel Andrew told me he rather go to the ocean. Yeah, ok then.
We went to the Beach Plum, which has hands-down the best lobster rolls ever. They are not cheap, but boy are they good! The boys somewhat listened. Joel Andrew still likes to test, but when he realized that I was fully paying attention to him he relented into his sweet self. We got our food - I ordered two kiddie vanilla ice creams that were bigger than my children's heads - and we went across the street to the beach to eat our dinner. It was beautiful and perfect. The summer is running past us and we almost missed this awesome chance to have fun.
James of course spilled apple juice all over me and fell on the rocks, but that was ok. When we got home the boys stripped down naked and I hosed them down outside. This was both hysterical and fun and I hope I will never forget the image of the two of them, stark naked, running back and forth on the back porch as I hit them with the hose. The screamed with joy and retreated into the garden before doing it again. So much fun. And then James pooped on the walkway. Eh, that is a good potty training sign, right? I love these guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment