Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blueberry Picking


Eating healthier here we come!  When we went to pick up our CSA and also booked some time in to go blueberry picking there.  Let me tell you, there is no way blueberry picking can be profitable with James.  Not at all.  No matter what I did, how I yelled, how I made him sit in the middle of the farm's road, the kid would just go back to the blueberry bush - pick the most perfect blueberries - no need to explain what color is not ready yet to this guy - and eat them right up.  He added 1 - ONE - blueberry to our basket the whole time we were there.  Finally, I was so embarassed how much he was stealing that we just left.  When we went to check-out the owner of the place saw me and said how come I only got a few blueberries?  I told him about James the consumer and that I think we need to add $5 onto our bill...  He said - why don't we just weigh him?  Ha!

Maybe next year he will be a little more understanding about how it is done. If so, I could see us picking blueberries for hours.  There was no one there and it was an awesome time, just down the street from us.  Next stop, Peach picking - then raspberry, blackberry and then apple!


No comments:

Post a Comment