Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The New Wednesday Schedule

Each Wednesday I have off from work (ironically not this whole Wednesday as I write to you, but this is a funny two weeks with our big Festival at work any everything).  But our Wednesdays at home are pretty cyclical - and not in the way I thought.

We have not been going on our adventures as I had thought we would do.  Once upon a time, before I went back to work full time me and the boys were going to the zoo, aquarium, beach, all these places every chance we got.  When I was first back at my new part-time gig we did that too but something has taken over and we are missing our outings.  I think I need to get a re-handle on how I work and not be checking my email at all on Mondays or Wednesdays moving forward.  We need to have more adventures!

So, now, instead Wednesdays looks like this - and they are still wonderful, but just in a different way.  Joel Andrew wakes me up about 7:30, and we get James and lay in Mommy's bed and watch a Mickey while Mommy takes a shower.  We then go downstairs and play with toys for an hour while Mommy drinks coffee, watches the news and makes breakfast.  This is a glorious hour.  I missed my trashing morning talk shows!

After breakfast we get cleaned up and dressed.  This is where the bad part inevitably comes in.  By now I have gone on the check my work email, and gotten sucked in.  Then the boys start to fight and I just yell from the computer to clean up so we can go.  They ignore me, I get more sucked in, and then about 20 minutes later as tension builds I explode.  Why can't they just clean up while I get an email done?  Probably because they are 2 and 4 and I should not be emailing at all.  I swear, when this Festival is over, so am I with Monday and Wednesday emailing!

We usually have a brief morning activity that involves something local and errands.  This has been not the best for the boys, and it is really hard taking frick and frack to any kind of store.  James needs 3 eyes on him at all times and Joel Andrew asks about 1,000 questions and the combination wears thin, but I assume this is all par for the course.

The other day I tried to suggest we go to the beach and Joel Andrew just wanted to play in the backyard. We had fun, we used the swingset and pool, and sprinkler, I gardened, but I missed the beach and our adventures.  This is also why we have limited photos these days, I don't really take around the house photos and since we aren't off - nothing to show for it.

By lunch we eat at home, by nap Joel Andrew watches a Disney movie on the couch and you guessed it, I am back on the computer.  I do some scheduling things for sure, but let's be honest, it is mostly work.  I need to stop this, and August will be a new month for us.  Adventures twice a week every week at least!  No email checking on unnecessary days, home cooked meals, and back onto a diet plan (that's a whole nother ball of wax) - how did I get so far off track?  And, with all the "time" I have working part-time too?

No comments:

Post a Comment