Each night James and I wave night night to the paintings in his room. It is our routine. We put on his music and then we wave night night to pirate Mickey and Donald and Goofy and Pluto that are in his Disney painting with the crew re-enacting the Pirates of the Caribbean scene with Pluto the dog holding the key in his mouth, and the others behind bars.
After that I close his closet door (for good luck in ensuring a good night sleep. Literally have done this ever night since the first night he slept really well and haven't stopped. It is always slightly ajar, and we close it as our next step). Then we go to the pirate ship painting, and say night night to the pirates and the "tick-tock" (crocodile) and James always ends with "Night night Oc-Puss" - for the Octopus in the picture. I always follow it with "Night night "Oc-to-Pus" but am secretly thankful he says the word wrong because it is the cutest thing ever. I always give him a squeeze and put him to bed.
Tonight he said "Night night OcT-Pus" The T was in there. He is growing up way too fast. After I closed the door I heard him scream: "I love you Mommy." I will take that!
No comments:
Post a Comment