
So, yes he sleeps 6 hours in a row, but what about his mom? I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4:30am. What do I do? I knew he was going to want to eat at any moment, so what was the point in going back to bed. So I puttered around for a bit. Made Joel's lunch, did some e-mail, some volunteer work even. At one point I heard a loud noise like furniture crashing on the monitor. I thought either he woke up or something bad happened. As I was running to check, and the monitor remained silent, I realized the little one had just sleep-pooped. Nice.

Who cares, I thought. I will just get things done until he wakes up, then we will both get back to sleep for at least another three hours. Think again. He did wake up, but the new fun difficult stage of bobbie feeding has begun. Yes folks, not only is it not easy to get it to start working, but it seems that there are all sorts of hurdles that you will continue to need to jump as time goes on. He now chokes on his own breakfast, which then leads him to wheeze the rest of the night. A wheezing baby is not a sleeping baby. We brought him in to the Dr. yesterday because I thought this was a cold, but I should have known - more breastfeeding fun.

Good thing he is so cute, because another part of this fun is lots of spit-up. I do not know why I decided to wear a nice outfit for the day at 9am, when I will not be seeing anyone till 1pm. I should know better than this - but now one of my only nice shirts is soaking.

Other than this continued challenge, all is going well. The Dr. was impressed with his strength, and noted he is 10 pounds, 5 ounces! I am taking photos of him in all of his cute outfits and trying to get use out of all of them (the blow-out diaper thing is helping with this). I am afraid we will miss wearing one! Yesterday we wore the car outfit to the Dr, and I went on an errand. In front of all the ladies at Jared (yes, he went to Jared), he exploded! All over the car seat and his cute outfit. I was mortified, but he had on a great smile!

Ok, nap time for both of us now! We will get this new schedule right soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment