Just wanted to send out a quick update for those following the Little Joel sickness drama. Sadly, not much has changed. The ear infection, or so we thought it was, has cleared up but he still has the pain, irritability and fever. We are just trying to hang in there and monitor him closely for a few days and are hoping it will clear up. He has gone through more tests than you can shake a stick at in the past few days, including chest x-rays, multiple types of blood tests, flu tests, urine tests and so far everything is negative. So, we are stumped. Sadly there are a few babies right now admitted into the hospital with very similar symptoms to our little one and the Drs are stumped. We are thankful he is well enough we can still stay at home, but hope they figure this out real soon.
Anyone know Dr. House?
I miss my happy little boy. Between the bed rest, our troubles with breastfeeding, and now this I am just sick of carting back and forth to the hospital and canceling plans with friends and family. I treasure the prior two weeks in which we had some sense of normalcy, going out and about and to the lake with family. I am so sad that this has upset me this much too, because I know in the grand scheme of things this is really nothing and will hopefully pass soon. There is so much worse out there and I should be thankful. I will try to focus on that in the interim. Hopefully we will have some happy news to report and some good photos soon.
My thoughts are with you and I know (pray!) it will pass soon and things will go back to normal.
ReplyDelete