Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bago Lake!

This weekend we ventured up to Sebago Lake in Maine, where we have a cabin.  Well, actually, we have more of a compound.  My in-laws have a place right next to our cabin, and my sister-in-law has a place right next to them.  So, for most of my husband's life, and for the past seven years of mine our summers are spent at this gorgeous lake in Maine.

Of course, I was very sad when they put me on bed rest and told me that a two hour trip to Maine was not allowed.  I had planned a 6 week pre-birth vacation - where I was going to spend as much time as possible at the lake, but alas this was cut short almost immediately due to the bed rest.  We missed the entire month of July, so we have been itching to get up there, and to show the little guy a little slice of heaven.We made it up Friday afternoon, and boy did that take work.  Lots of work.  The car was packed to the gills, we are still unsure as to what he might need.  We pretty much brought everything except for the crib (we got an extra pack n' play).  This was so much work and so exhausting, that by the time we arrived I was frazzled.
But, after a good night sleep I woke up on Saturday to the best weather we have had all summer.  It was sunny, slightly cool and gorgeous.  J (we have taken to just calling him J now...) and I snuggled on the couch and enjoyed the lake view.  We all spent most of the day and Grandma and Grandpa's next door.  We played cards, and watched the little guy sleep, a lot (why can't he do this when I am just at home with him?).  
Saturday night I had a delicious glass of wine, and a gourmet dinner ala Grandma Karen.  I went to bed knowing the grandparents were having the best time watching, snuggling and playing with J.  See the the photos of Grandpa Ken and Grandma Karen getting to know their first grandchild.
We are home, and the trip home and unpacking was just as exhausting as the process to go up.  Hopefully we will streamline this in the future.  We plan on at least three more trips up this year, the next two with my parents as well.  So, I am sure with four grandparents we will get the swing really quickly!  Maybe the next time I will actually get to go out on the dock... or in the boat!  Baby steps...

PS - we stayed out of the sun, and have yet to get a good photo of him as evidence that he was at the lake.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment