
Also known as the bulb syringe, the booger sucker is both a terrifying and satisfying instrument. How can an instrument be satisfying you may ask? When it does its job and sucks out a huge booger. How can it be terrifying? All other five hundred other tries. My little man sees this thing coming towards his head and cries immediately. How would you like to have something shoved up your nose and then feel weird sensation of other things being sucked out? Big Joel worries if I will suck out his brains in the process.

The little guy had a cold WEEKS ago, it lasted four days - and was the same exact cold his mom and dad both had. But, he still wakes up for his 5:30am feeding sounding like there is a whole world of stuff in his nose. Usually I just leave it as I do not want to wake him further for fear he will not go back to sleep, but today I had to do it. So, Booger Sucker in the middle of the night it was. Poor guy. Good news is it worked... a little. But, the second I laid him down I could hear it again. Ahh! As usual, he wakes up in the morning ready for the day with only a faint snort left. So maybe this is just a phase I should let run its course.

Isn't it funny how once you become a Mom, you can talk about boogers, poop, and boobie juice for hours?

And here it is... The Bumbo photos! I am a little saddened by the fact that the Bumbo is tight around his chubby thighs. I am not so sure how long he will fit into this thing! I hear there is another company who makes something similar, but for "bigger boned" babies!
Joel Andrew: See you next week. Pa and Nana
ReplyDeleteThe Bumbo will fit a lot longer than you think it will. My 2 year old nephew managed to squeeze into it last year :-) He loved that thing. Cameron has the same exact Halloween costume! I plan on putting her in it tomorrow for Halloween at her daycare. Totally agree about the booger sucker. Cameron hates it but also loves how she feels once all the snot has been sucked out. She also had a cold for a few days and still sounds congested more than a week later. I guess it's an infant thing! The doctor wan't worried when I took her in for shots on Monday.
ReplyDeleteDoes every baby wear a pumpkin costume for their first halloween? My "pumpkins" did!
ReplyDelete