Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Fun

We just got back from Sunday River in Maine - where we enjoyed the beautiful Fall weather, and an internationally renowned Wife Carrying Competition! Big Joel did not carry me... We just took turns carrying the baby!
We had a great week last week while Grammy Hedy was here. The little guy was a happy man! Grammy Hedy left on Friday, and the little guy has been getting increasingly more cranky. As has his mom! He did catch my cold, but is doing much better now.
The Doctor told us to place a pillow under the mattress at one end in order for the baby's head to be elevated and help with the congestion. Big Joel took this quite literally and placed a large sofa cushion under the mattress. At 2 am I woke up to hear the baby screaming. This was odd, even if he had a small cold. So, I peak in the crib and what do I see, a baby rolling at the end. He had turned himself and rolled all the way to the bottom of the mattress. Nice. I laugh about this now but at 2 am I did not think this was funny.
He turned 12 weeks today! He is officially an old man! I must plan our next three months of adventures. I can't believe Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment