Thursday, October 8, 2009

Top Ten Part 1

Top Ten Things People Did Not Tell Me About Being a Mom (2-1/2 month installment):
10. Carter's 3 month size is really for 2 months; Gymboree 3-6 is really for 3-4; Gerber 6 months is for newborns.
9. You thought you would throw out a poop filled outfit rather than cleaning it. But, when it happens, you just can't part with that adorable set. So, you are up at 3am scrubbing out the poop stains.
8. People actually do not get sick of photos of your child now that we have Facebook.
7. Place receiving blankets under his butt at all times. In the carseat, in the swing, in the bouncy chair. This saves lots of cleaning during wonderful blow-out-diapey time.
6. Just because the outfit - the pants and the sweater - both say one size, does not mean they will both fit at the same time.
5. No need to buy any toys, balloons provide hours of entertainment.
4. Gymboree Gym Bucks DO NOT apply at Gymboree Outlet Stores! (I continue to be vocal about this crap).
3. Gymboree playtime is just like the TV shows make it out to be - very cheesy! But, the kids love it.
2. They can develop sleeping and eating habits that are hard to break, this early!
1. No one told me that I would cry each time he moves up a diaper size!
Look at the guy all ready for his first playoff game!

4 comments:

  1. That Red Sox outfit is adorable! The other top 10 for me is, "Despite being told I would, I never expected to spend as much of my day obsessing with feeding, napping and pooping as I do!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit. I actually think Carters runs big - my kids wear them well past the month that are specified - but I totally agree about Gerber sizes. I hardly spend any time worrying about napping or pooping. Feeding, yes, but just for Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spend a lot of time worrying about clothes (jow superficial, right?). Not so much about pooping, unless I should be worried that he poops so much. I have given up on worrying about the breastfeeding and I am a new woman. So what if I bottle feed him my milk from 10am to midnight everyday? ... I wonder how long that will last... He is up to about 30 ounces a day, is that normal for a 2-1/2 month old? He will be growing out of his Carter's 6 month clothes in a week or two at the rate he is going, and I just broke them out! I think I have an Andre the Giant on my hands...

    And, yes, there is the worry about the napping for me - is he sleeping too much, will he sleep tonight? He only naps in the swing - do they make swings for 4 year olds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PPS - Big thanks to Karen Marshall for the Red Sox Outfit!

    ReplyDelete