
I think some Mom's have everything written down - first smile at 3:46 pm and 23 seconds on Wednesday, November 3rd... I am not that good. But it occurred to me as my son is rapidly changing, and looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby fresh out, that I should write some of his milestones, or latest developments down.

Sometime in the past week he has really gotten very good at holding his head up. He has been generally pretty good at it for a while now, but in the past week in particular he will hold his head up and stand (of course while I am supporting his body) for minutes at a time. When he gets tired he sits himself down and when he is ready he boosts himself up again. He is a strong little guy. All this despite the fact that he really does not like tummy time.

At Gymboree (yes, we go to that) this past week he started to really focus on moving things, follow them around. And, it was the first time he caught his image in the mirror that I remember. He loves his reflection, he looks as if to say "Damn, you are one cute baby!" He continues to laugh and smile a ton, and the latest - the fun with the balloon. You might have seen in the last post his photo with the balloon - he loves it! Minutes (which is like hours to a 2-1/2 month old) of entertainment! All of these milestones coming so quickly can be so exhausting! LJ has taken three 1-2 hour naps a day recently! (he was always a cat napper prior to this).
Just thought I would capture these moments, as they say. Otherwise I will forget when they happened. The other milestone today, for Mom, was packing up all of his clothes that he no longer fits. They are being stored in the attic along with my maternity clothes. It hasn't even been three months yet and the little man already has shed a wardrobe!
So sad to pack up clothes, isn't it? It's wonderful when they start holding up their head the whole time. I am looking forward to Cameron sitting up on her own for long periods of time. I feel like that's a good one - not mobile yet but I don't have to hold her constantly. Another good one? When they can hold their own bottle. But I think that takes a lot longer :-) We're not there yet!
ReplyDelete