Friday, April 9, 2010

Beach with Mommy

Today was a big Mommy day, as the rest of the Williams gang went to golf. Mommy is not a big fan of golf, when she does play she likes to score with smiley and unhappy faces. Most of the time it is unhappy faces.

Golf is not a good look for me. I generally only go to wear my awesome Lilly Pulitzer flamingos playing golf pants and since those do not fit, I figured what is the point?
So, the kiddo and I had some good mommy-son time. Another reason I am not a fan of golf, is it sucks up the whole day. While the others were out, the kiddo and I had lunch, ventured to the HHI mall (I know, not very exciting), went to Coligny Plaza and walked around, came home and went to the beach. We played in the sand and then walked around some more before coming home for a nap. All in all, an adventurous day!
Pa and Dad had taken the little guy to the beach earlier in the week and had decided it was a lot of work. They whined about wind or something, I wasn't sure. Men. Whiners. Well, today I figured out what they were talking about. We did have a good time though, and as you can see, the little guy loves his new hat from Gymboree...

It will certainly be a great memory of he and I at the water's edge. I dipped his feet in, then would yank him up and carry him back to dry sand. Holding my fingers the little man would walk/run to the water, as soon as a wave hit his little toes he would squeal in delight and Mommy would repeat the process. So much fun for a little guy (and for me too)!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he is getting close to cruising all around! I hope you've baby proofed :-)

    ReplyDelete