Thursday, April 8, 2010

Few Things Learned

Having a very fun time on our trip, but have also learned a few things on the way. First off, never try to go hiking with a regular stroller on this island, with the sand you will not get very far. Second off, always leave the bjorn in the car, in such an instance it would come in very handy! Finally, always try on hats before just mindlessly lugging them down. Our little munchkin has a big head, and we needed to get some more hats!
As you can tell, Dad is getting some relax time with him as well.
We have also learned that the kid loves to go out to eat. We pick restaurants with lots of stuff on the walls, or great people watching and he is entertained for hours. Grilled cheese is also a huge plus in the going out to eat department. His new favorite! The Boppy high chair cover has been great, not only to keep the germs at bay but also to help him fill out the high chairs. Otherwise he sinks into them too easily. We also get the Table Toppers - which are nice little stick-down place mats that again help to keep germs at bay, but are a nice place to stash cut up grilled cheese for the little fingers to grab. Finally, take n toss cups, spoons and sippy cups are a big help when I do not want to bother bringing the mess home. I know, I know, how green is that? But when you think of it, it is the same as one of those gerber containers, I just usually make my own food and use regular plates. So I do not think it is too bad that the few times we go out to eat I use those things.
We also took him on a bike ride which is somewhat terrifying for me as I worry about accidents. He was in the trailer right behind me, and the bike paths in Hilton Head make it very easy. Riding at the back of the bike is a lot of fun, but that will put the little munchkin to sleep (I thought the change of scenery would be stimulating, but instead it was lulling). So, we have a confused napper this afternoon, but I think it was worth the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment