Friday, April 23, 2010

Swing Time

We got a swing set! As you can see, the little man loves it!

This is a hard thing for me. Not admitting that he is so old he can go in one of these swings. It is not that this is a good Daddy-son time, and I am jealous. Those two things, not at all. The truth... I have always had a very manicured way of doing things. And, now there is a glaring pirate-ship multi-colored large plastic eye-sore in my backyard.

I know, take a chill-pill lady, you have a child know. But, to know me is to love me. When we needed to create a play-area in my family room, I drove out of my way to get the child's rug that best represents New England themes and matches the colors of the room. We especially stained a bookcase and bought baskets to fit in it, with little chalkboards to identify exactly what toy is in which. I made children in the home trendy and stylish. But there is nothing you can do for an outdoor swing set, unless you pay a million dollars... And, it is too early for that...

So, we have an excellent swing set in the interim. It really is nice, and it is wonderful that Joel went out, got it and put it together at the drop of my suggestion that the baby might like a swing. And, to watch the kiddo be over-joyed at swinging in it is wonderful. But, I know... this is just the start. Pretty soon there will be mini-cars, nicer than my big car, in the driveway. More than tennis balls strewn about the lawn. Help me, a sand box is probably on the horizon! I need to let go of my OCD... But, don't you agree? Shouldn't I worry about my husband and his inner-child? What kind of swing set is next?

2 comments:

  1. Get a fence, it's the one thing I wish we had - a fenced in backyard to let Ned run like the wildman he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a big blue trampoline with a large net in ur future... hahaha

    To know you is to love you... that is perfect...

    ReplyDelete