Friday, April 16, 2010

Jersey Boy

Sorry no photos for this post, but I just wanted to take the time to write how wonderful it was to visit with Aunt Diane and Uncle Phil in East Windsor, NJ last night. They were so gracious to us, and made a wonderful dinner. Aunt Lynn also came to say hello to the little guy as well!

We had a great time catching up, and a delicious breakfast the next day. Aunt Diane and Uncle Phil were our old neighbors in my first house, and they still live in the same development. So visiting them was like a trip down memory lane for my Mom (I was too young to really remember). I think the guy liked NJ a lot!

I forgot to mention we can also cross off Delaware on his state list because we ate lunch at a Cheesecake Factory there on our way to NJ.

Today we are in New City - so it really is a memory lane trip. We went by the old house which is always sad. It is a lot smaller than I remember it! Things have really changed in 10 years, places that were shady now are bare, places that were sunny are now shady. Names of stores have changed, Pasta Cucina has moved, and things just look in general different. It is amazing the way the mind remembers things. I previously thought that it would take an hour to get from the Paramus Mall to our house, but really it is more like 25 minutes. I am wondering if this is because I am older now, or if it is because I live in the land that it really does take an hour to get where I want to go, so I have a different perspective. The other nice thing here, is the supermarkets. We went into DeCicco's (a chain, I went to school with the owner's kids), and all of the food looked great. More cheese than I have ever seen in one location and the bakery looked fantastic. I am guessing this is because I am used to the not-so-desireable looking food at our massive food chains up North.

But, I am starting to miss home. It has been two weeks now and I am tired. All of the partying, catching up and dirty laundry are beginning to wear on me so I am looking forward to being in the house on Sunday. The guy is also looking a bit tired. His ears continue to bother him so I will be happy to see the Dr. for his 9 month appointment next week. As for now, this weekend, we had to cancel one visit, and we moved one up, so our ETA home will be Sunday afternoon, which will be nice for Joel to see his little guy before he goes to bed.

Off to rest, and then we have about 15 people coming to visit us in the hotel tonight! NYC and a visit with Sari and Pamela tomorrow. What should we do during the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment