5:15am - wake up to baby giggling. Despite doing CIO with him all weekend, and getting him to sleep until 7am yesterday, he is back to his normal 5:15am wake up with no memory of ever sleeping to a normal time.
5:15am - 6:35am - Lie in bed awake listening to baby cry/giggle/move and watching the monitor on 2 year old son. Hoping he does not wake up to all the noise and also become an early riser.
6:36am - Give up and go in the shower.
6:45am - Check monitor, stupid baby has now gone back to sleep finally.
6:59am - Wake up husband, what am I supposed to do?
7:00am - Absolutely no help later, wake baby up to try to keep him to the "schedule." Feed him, catch more crappy news on the hurricane.
7:30am - Get toddler up, argue with him over eating breakfast. Make husband's lunch. Sit constantly puking and drooling baby in chair, and leave him there and ignore him for one hour. Finally get toddler son to eat.
8:30am - Bribe toddler son with a Mickey while I try to feed infant son to sleep. Get him in the crib by 9:00.
9:00am - 10:00am - To massive tantrums and meltdowns, and being hit repeatedly, try to cut toddler's nails. Attempt to clean up kitchen and get things done while playing with toddler son. Play outside for a little bit, get mail. Change batteries in a number of items, Baby James wakes up.
10:15am - Attempt to keep toddler son busy with books and destroying his brother's room while I nurse infant.
10:30am - Load up the car to go to the park. We stop at the car wash. Waiting in line for the car wash was the best part of my day.
11:00am - Arrive at park. Bjorn Baby James (still takes me 1/2 hour to figure out stupid bjorn). Go into new park and notice that it is a difficult one. Lots of levels and obstacles making it hard for me to spot my son when he is up high trying to get to the slide. My son almost falls off - from 9 feet high. Another Mom notices and grimaces at me. I move toddler son to other side of the park. Now chasing after toddler son, infant son in carrier is being bounced around and his head is being hit on various wood obstacles.
11:15am - Find a calmer moment, all are cooperating. Woman takes notice of how brave I am to be out with two so young and notes she is not ready yet, she has a 2-1/2 year old and 4 month old, and has not had a day alone yet. This makes me feel good, see I can do this. Other people have hard times too. Then toddler son sprints out of view on obstacle on high and then proceeds to jump off 6 ft high obstacle. Mom who just complimented me is luckily there, and catches my son. But then realizes, who is the good Mom now, the one not killing her children.
11:45am - Trip to get lunch before crowd rush. Too late, we are 5th in line. Joel screams, and plays with infants car seat while I am trying to keep them calm. Toddler throws a fit at leaving in order to get apple juice. People behind the counter want us to stop coming here. Infant screams the whole way out of the store, and 1/2 way home.
12:00pm - 1 minute from home, infant passes out in car seat.
12:05pm - In an attempt to move sleeping infant to his crib for bed, he wakes up because his brother is screaming he wants his lunch. Now bribe toddler to watch Mickey while I try to feed infant back to nap.
12:30pm - Put infant down, get toddler's lunch out. Fight with him over washing his hands. Fight with him over eating beans. Fight with him over not throwing plate. Fight with him over not hitting dog. Hear that infant is not sleeping, but just crying.
12:50pm - Bribe toddler with Mickey one more time while again try to nurse infant to nap. Successful. Put toddler to bed.
1:00 - 1:15 - Enjoy 15 minutes of peace outside. Try to close eyes for a rest. Although I go to bed between 8:30 - 9:30pm every night, I am exhausted.
1:15pm - Infant wakes up screaming, Toddler is screaming.
1:45 - Decide to angrily write blog while both are screaming in their cribs.
I had previously ended my post here with a rant. But shall continue to let you know that stupid baby eventually fell asleep again 1 minute before the "schedule" wake up time. I woke him up, and toddler is still fighting nap in his crib.
Your blog post reminds me of why I am so happy I have a full time job. Seriously, I am not cut out to deal with the SAHM thing. I much prefer going to work, having adult interactions, adult frustrations and then coming home for 2-3 hours of quality time with Cameron. She is happier, I'm happier and I'm contributing to the economy :-) It may be time to think about returning to work, even part time so that you can get some down time. Plus, daycare will put James on a schedule and really assist you with that. But whatever you do, just know that you are doing a great job, frustrations and all!
ReplyDelete