Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Progress?

This is how he looks when I go to get him up from his naps. Sad! Yesterday was a great day, the first night of going to bed later and he slept, in his crib (no use of swing needed!) until 6:45! This morning, was a whole different story. Woke at 4:00, no crying just loud noise making, so I boobed him back to bed, and then woke at 5:45 screaming. So, he swinged until 7:15 am. Of course, Mommy only slept on and off from 4:00 on, so I am again a mess today.

I think I am going to have to change up the plan, desperate times call for desperate measures. It is clear to me that he does not need to eat (one minute at the boob and he is passed out), and he does not know how to put himself back to sleep. I always boob him to bed, so he never falls asleep on his own. I noticed last night he was so passed out by the time I got him to his crib, he did not even wake when I put the swaddle on. Sp, problem A to solve will be no more boobing to bed. He needs to learn to fall asleep on his own.

Problem B, no more feeding at night. I am thinking he is ready for this and I can hold out a few more days until his is officially 4 months old... But I am certain the little bugger is just using the boob for comfort.

Problem C - naps - thanks for commenting on it ladies. The afternoon nap is a hard one. Two days in a row I can barely get him to sleep for 20 minutes, and even then it is 5:00... He seems to have no problem going to sleep regardless at 7/8. But, I have to wake him up from his two other naps. When is it too soon to go to two naps instead of three? I think he wants this, a long morning and a long afternoon nap...

We will see... Still simmering over here. But feeling more confident that it is in fact me that is screwing up his sleep and not his innate sleep patterns. If it is me, we can fix it...

3 comments:

  1. He definitely doesn't need to eat at night if it's just 1 min at a time. I hate to suggest it but what about a pacifier (insert horrified comments here)? I know he wouldn't take one before but what about now? I credit it with really helping Cameron sooth herself back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He won't take one! I am back to the thumb... but will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete