
Let's just say that some things are better left unsaid. I did not enjoy this experience, and will not go into detail about it. However, I do not want to turn others off. I can just tell you that lots of worlds collided for us to have a bad day. But, all was not completely lost. As you can see, the Joel's managed to have some fun.

Joel Husband's favorites, the antique car ride, and the Old Woman in the Shoe were done. Joel Andrew loved them both. Next time we will arrive EARLY. We arrived 20 minutes after the park was open, and it was already a zoo. We will also not go on the weekend, especially one of the last Saturday's in August. And, Mommy will come prepared, mentally for the experience.

Other things to note, make sure your child is over 36" if you want to go on any of the "fun" rides. Though I guess you can get on a ton without meeting that height requirement. We ate at the Muddy Moose (or something like that) in town - and it was pretty good, very friendly. Maybe next time I can get a beer, and enjoy it! The town also looks fun, with shops, awesome playgrounds, a real train ride experience. I can see how you can make a full weekend out of it and the kids will never get bored. It is literally a town built for young families. Maybe next year we will make a few trips, again, mid-week...
We are going to take just Ned and Penny, on a week day and get there before it opens. I'm always mentally prepared for the WORST and have no shame dealing with tantrums so I hope we can muddle through. I think my kids are 3 feet each - so what does that mean, can they go on solo?
ReplyDeleteThey need to be 48" to go on solo, 36" to go on at all. It would have been fine, it was a bad day for us, but it is good for you to be prepared. I heard there is a better than the antique auto ride in the back by "Cinderella's Castle," that has no lines. Def get in early and go for the tea cups, etc first. The carousel is also a no-liner. We waited for the log flume, which looked fun, but JA was not tall enough for. That was all the park we saw. My friends told me the veggie show is nice during a hot day. I heard the Circus show is good too, but you have to get seats early, and we are not about that....
ReplyDelete