I am still not the biggest fan of your sleeping, but that is ok, 1 month till full cry it out. Admittedly, I have not been a good Mommy about getting you on a scheduled naptime which cannot be helping you any. Plus, since I am so tired I throw you in the swing at the dawn hours... But I promise in the fall, with more of a routine, all will change and we will be on a schedule and you will be my champ sleeper #2!
Yesterday Daddy and I took you to the NH League of Craftsmen Fair while your brother was in school. You were the hit of the fair. Numerous ladies were in love with you immediately. The bjorn facing forward is a huge hit! If only we could have avoided the screaming in the car rides out and back... You are still not a fan of the car seat at all... It almost looks to me like you are too big for the seat, but you have a few more months if not years in it buckoo, so get comfy...
I could tell Daddy was really enjoying his alone time with you. You get a lot of alone time with Mommy, but Daddy is usually at work or hanging out with your brother, so this was really special for him too. Crying baby in the car and all.
You are so strong you are holding your head way up now. When you sleep we only stick one arm in the swaddle because you like to have the other thumb free. You still smile and laugh with so much joy whenever we smile at you. My favorite moment of recent with you is us having a conversation while Mommy was cooking dinner about how you are going to be an athlete someday. The smiles that came out after every sentence were tremendous. I told you, no pressure here, I don't think I will need to apply any anyway, you are destined for greatness! (huge smiles). I can sense you will be flying me all over either for the Olympics or Football, or something. (huge smiles). You will probably need to support your brother as we think he will either be the President, or we hope not, but potentially a gambler... (biggest smile yet).
You are just starting to sense Angus and Otter, but totally recognize Mom and Dad. If the look of sheer terror in your face every time he hugs you also means so, you recognize your brother as well. He loves you so much it is ridiculous. He calls for you when you are not in the car with us, and every morning he runs into your room to see if you are awake yet. He throws all of your stuffed animals in your crib to make sure you have them. Remember this, because some day I am guessing he will just take them from you.
What a joy it is to have you around. Right now you are chatting in your swing, patiently waiting for Mommy to get you up to start our day. Then we will have a bath for you, shower for me, and off to help Aunt Jennie with her wedding preparations. Let's just hope you make it through the car ride, we know how much you do not love that....
I love you, Baby James!
No comments:
Post a Comment