Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stupid Mommy

Poor Baby James. I called him Stupid twice in my last blog post. He is not stupid. A little slow, maybe... but not stupid. Now that I have had two days of Joel Andrew back in school, time to rest and reflect, and time to ponder the future, I was slightly worried about going back and reading my last entry. And I should have been, it was not nice. But at least it helps me remember why a third would probably not be a good idea for me, and how hard this actually all is. So that when people say in a few years I will look back and say I miss this - I can read previous post and see why I don't...

Baby James has been trying with his sleeping, he really has. But, he is just slow. I've come to realize both my boys are different and Joel Andrew is fast as lightning with everything. He came two weeks early, no problem. He slept through the night the second night of cry it out. He walked at 10 months, and has not stopped. When we needed him to quit the bink, he walked over and threw them all away himself. He may be a crazy nut full of energy that cannot be tamed, but when you ask him to do something, he understands and does it. He may put up a fight, and he may run around like nuts afterwards, but he does it. Right now he is probably pooping in the potty at school (a blog for another time). Geez, I really hope this continues with him, because it is actually sort of nice.

Baby James is, well, different. He would not come out. Then he had to be evicted from me, and it was obvious he was overcooked at 10 pounds. He is so smiley, so happy, so chill. Perhaps too chill. Not in a bad medical way, just in a "in a minute, Mom... I'm gonna stare at this bird a little more..." sort of way. Trying to teach him to sleep well is rather frustrating. Because he is not a crazy mile a minute, either psycho or passed out kind of guy like my first. He wakes up, and he is in his crib. He thinks this is cool and wiggles around for however long. Sometimes he makes a peep, sometimes he laughs out loud. Sometimes then he goes back to bed. The past few nights I have turned on the monitor at all random times - and anytime he could be up and just laying there. It is so odd. How do you cry it out, when he won't cry?

He "slept" until 7 over the weekend well. But clearly, as posted below, we had a major set back on Monday. He has also been fighting the nap times, and either passing right out, then waking 20 minutes later, then crying until one minute before it is time to wake up as per the schedule, then passing out again. I think he just needs time. His brother got it in one day, it may take him a little more...
Isn't it sad to disturb such a cute sleeper to keep to a "schedule" that has not started to work yet? (day 5)...

No comments:

Post a Comment