Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pawtuckaway State Park Beach

There has been an abundance of James and Mommy time the past few days. Yesterday we had coffee at Kim and Emi's house, and today we visited with some first time mommy friends at Pawtuckaway State Park. This Mommy's group is always a fun one as it is neat to hear the first time Mom's obsess over every little thing and remember how that felt. One pointed out to me that James had puked and I non-chalantly cleaned it up and kept going with my story. Another was amazed, does he do that a lot? Is he ok? Oh yeah, he's fine.
The Park was pretty cool, a whole new part of NH I have never been before. Who knew there was something between Exeter and Derry? There are all sorts of hiking trails and pretty vistas I assume, but we just payed our $4 (price per adult, not per car, kids under 6 free) and drove to the "beach."
It is a really nice shallow warm beach, with plenty of picnic tables under shady trees. It has a bath house and a store for snacks and stuff. The place was packed but by no means crowded. A great place to bring toddlers to wade in the water and have fun. The view was pretty nice too. I am always surprised when I go to State parks how nice they are, and how many people enjoying them do not speak any English.
Photos are from our lounge time at home. I especially love the jorts. All is well otherwise, rolling here and there but not consistently yet. I will put him down and walk away for a second, and come back and whoops! He has rolled. He continues to hate tummy time but is doing better at it. He really wanted to eat my ice cream today... Just a few more weeks James, then cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment