Joel Andrew has always had personality, and as he grows his personality shines more and more. He is, of course, the best little guy ever! Except when he gets the evil look in his eye - and he does - then he is slightly challenging. It is funny, it just comes over him in waves, he gets this look like - "I am going to be bad, and test you" - and he does. But, with some calm coaxing I am usually able to settle him down right back into his normal, awesome self.
He really is awesome. He has been in the "big boy bed" for a few months now, and still waits in bed every morning for me to get him up. He puts his dirty clothes in the hamper without me asking. He cleans up his toys, always, without a whimper. He frequently hugs his brother out of no where, totally unprompted and says "I love you Baby James." He also does the same to me. Melts my heart.
He is a little picky with the eating, but only for a little bit and if we hold out long enough, he ends up eating whatever is on his plate. He is about to kick napping altogether, but we hang on and all enjoy the days he gets a good snooze. He loves school, but even more school loves him.
I think he is really appreciating all of the excursions I have been taking him on. Today we had a day together (full post tomorrow) and he kept saying he was going to the Museum (even though I told him 10 times we were not)... But, he likes Museums! I always line up our days for him, and what we are going to do, and now at the end of every description of our day he responds with: "That sounds like a good plan, Mommy." Come on, can you get any cuter?
It is so awesome to watch his personality unfold. He does have tantrums and the "terrible twos" (which I hear really are terrible 3's), but I feel like even he doesn't want to throw them and he is just doing it because that is what you are supposed to do at this age. It is hard to believe that Baby James will be this big one day. I am certain Baby James will not be as neat, or as good at staying in the bed...
I can't believe he is 2-1/2. We are half way to kindergarten!



No comments:
Post a Comment