Here was the list of my New Year's resolutions, thought I would do a check-in...
- Aunt Pat needs to meet Baby James.
- She is being slightly difficult about this. We were going to go down to visit her in NY in May, but now she wants to come up here. 90-something year old Aunt Pat! Oh boy!
- My camp friends need to meet both my kids.
- Again, something we would do on our visit to NY - which will still happen, whether Aunt Pat wants to see us there or not!
- Make $2,500 by selling all of the things that we do not use, do not want, do not need and are collecting dust in our house. You hear me, $2.5K. We have that much stuff. Donate or toss the remainder. Decrease possessions by 1/8.
- Done. I sold old, broken, and no longer used jewelry and made $2,560. You heard me! Nothing was really big either. I was so worried I swindled the guy or the check wouldn't clear, but it is the truth. A gold bangle, that was broken and would cost $150-$200 to repair, got me $400. It is the gold people, now is the time to look through your jewelry boxes and sell. That earring you only have one of, the old gold charms from childhood, the broken gold chain, etc. Otherwise they are just sitting, collecting dust. I recommend going to a Pawn person and not a jewelry store per say - and especially NOT a chain. I bet you one of those chains would have only offered me 1/4 of the money.
- I still need to get rid of stuff even though I made the dough. So far I donated 4 jumbo bags of clothes and shoes to good will. We cleaned out the man room and numerous extra glasses and things are going to our cleaning lady. We are having 1-800-Got-Junk take away our old TV. Old computers, scanners and printers are ready to go to the dump White Goods day this spring.
- Now what do I do with the 8,00 other small item things I need to get rid of? Sitcoms on DVD? Men's cologne? Do I donate them to the Lincoln Akerman school garage sale (benefit for local elementary). I am kinda selfish and thinking what if I put them in a box in the basement and donate them when Joel goes there... Only 3 years away?
- Find a craft hobby and keep with it. Previous attempts at sewing and knitting have not gone so well.
- I put chalkboard paint on porcelain mugs - idea from pinterest - and now when we are up at the lake everyone can write their names on their own mug. I thought this was pretty crafty. As for a hobby, not sure how far this goes...
- Create Blog Books, paper copies of all previous blog posts.
- Done, posted about it in January!
- Create Yearbooks. Photo scrapbooks and DVDs since the kids were born.
- This is taking a lot longer, but now that our computer is saved, I will get right on it... Maybe, after I finish this blog post...
- Go places with the kids: Bronx Zoo, Zoo in Chicago, and all the area usual’s at least one trip each. Try to double our money on the Science Museum/Children’s Museum membership I bought.
- Went to the Children's Museum last weekend, we are now up to $88/$120 spent. Went to the Zoo Monday - we have broke even with that membership! Lots of trips left to go, but I am going to have to be really disciplined, as I am going back to work soon. Ummm. Public places on the weekends.
- No more cursing as Joel Andrew has taken to repeating everything we say.
- This has now been amended to no more temper tantrums by Mommy in front of kids. I know, a normal thing I should definitely not be doing. But with Joel into the tackling his brother and pretending not to listen stage, my temper has hit an all-time high. I need to be the calm one, here. Still working on this.
- Add 25 more go to, easy dinners to the family repertoire.
- Blogged a few in January. Really need to get some more going, as work is eminent. Will have some more blogs soon hopefully.
- Be Better. Start to take care of my skin, get the lasik, and loose 20 MORE pounds, and keep the previously lost 20 off.
- I used all the fancy skincare stuff I got for about 1 week. Whoops. Keeping previous weight off, but having a hard time getting going again. Any tips? A few more months until Lasik!
WHAT! You slipped that in without more details? Like I wouldn't have noticed the "going back to work" snuck in!
ReplyDeleteYep, my old job. I try not to talk it up too much because the start day isn't until March 19th. But I signed the contract, and everyone at my company knows... so, who knows. I am sad and excited all at once! I am just trying to live up my last few weeks of SAHM status as much as possible. I am already ready to go sometimes...
ReplyDelete