Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Last Gymboree Class


 Today was James' last day at Gymboree.  I am super sad about this.  I really enjoy our Gymboree days, and remember back to the first day I went with Joel Andrew.  Joel Andrew did so well with the classes and really learned a ton there.  In the beginning it just got us out and taught me basic things like kids like bubbles, and when you sing, and peek-a-boo. When I was working part-time it was part of our great Mommy-Joel days home together.  And, when I was super pregnant and/or when James was super new, it kept us together - gave him something to do and something to do with me, or with his grandparents.

Joel Andrew is semi-grown out of it, but mostly the times of day were hard for us with his schedule.  Plus, it was hard to bring James at this point and I felt a sibling class did not do it justice.  So, I left Joel Andrew out and kept bringing James to his own classes.  And it was a good thing too.  Because otherwise when I am home alone with him those days I just find myself lugging him places and setting him down with toys while I did laundry, while I cooked, while I played on the computer.  Gymboree forced us to have play time, just the two of us.  I will so miss it.

He was just starting to really enjoy it too... Last week he almost pummeled another baby for moving in on his "girlfriend."  He giggles and dances when we sing the song with all the noise, and of course loves the bubbles.  His favorite though, is eating the bells there.  Gross.  I know we can do all these things at home.  But, at home there are distractions, and his brother...  I need to make a promise to him that he will have Mommy time at least a few times a week.  He deserves it.  He is awesome.


So, it was super-sad to walk out of class, but I know we will be back in some form or another.  They have weekend classes that we might try in the fall.  In a few weeks we are going to start a pool class for the both boys on the weekends, and then it is lake/travel time so for now we are taking a Gymboree break.  Thanks for all the memories!

1 comment:

  1. the kids will love swim class...although it might be tough because I assume both will required a parent to be in the pool?

    ReplyDelete