Monday, March 9, 2015

Museums with Kids Can be Awesome

I say this a lot.  I have kids, and I am a Director of a Museum, so I kinda have to say it.  But I really mean it.  Joel Husband complained more than Joel Andrew when we went to a Museum in Munich.  Sadly, it was not the best Museum we should have gone to (a little prep here would have been better) - we went to the Pinotek du Art Moderne.  I thought the boys would be mesmerized by the deisng section with the cars and the computers.  At least there was a picasso or two (one that Joel Andrew almost leaned against!).  But, anyway…

He walked around with his Audio Guide again, and took in the sites, and I got to se what I wanted to see anyway. There were many kids in the Museum (Joel Husband disagrees with that statement) - but there were - I think more europeans take their kids to Museums, and from an early age.

Joel ate two croissants while there, slight bribes, but nonetheless worth it.  I am glad my little guy at least walked around with us for a little bit in there!  He would argue with us to wait so he could listen to the whole audio guide in one room too!







No comments:

Post a Comment