Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tonight

Tonight was epic. Joel Husband is in Canada, and I did my usual breaking up of the evening in order to ensure Mommy's sanity.  We ordered food (thai) - and when we got home Mommy plied them with TV while I organized.  We had dinner, and then there was more TV for them.  I admit it, it is terrible. But the husband is away for many nights, and I am tired, and this is how I get by.  But, it works, for me - because we have a good hour of bedtime which is explained in the snip its here:

There were conversations at dinner:
James: "I'm going to marry Beatrice and Mariah."
Mommy: "you can only marry one person."
James: "I will marry Mariah and then go over Beatrice's house"

Then, there was after dinner entertainment:
The book: "The Day the Crayons Quit" was read in epic rendition by me.  Not joking here, an oscar worthy performance.

There was a massive pig-pile tickle fight involving Angus (because he was obviously sad to be left out claimed both boys).

While putting Joel Andrew to bed, he confided in Mommy that he was super scared of the ghosts.  I told him that Ghosts can't come in because Mommy sets the alarm, and if a Ghost tried to come in he would hear the alarm and he should just run right to me.  

Joel then asked, what if the ghost came in through the chimney.

Then, Mommy said, we have motion sensors.  I brought him to the motion sensor in our hallway, and told him it was red when we moved, if it was a ghost it would turn blue and the alarm would sound.

Joel seemed satisfied, but wanted a few minutes.

So.  We laid in his car bed listening to the sleepy music and then Joel so thoughtfully asked: "How does Santa Claus get in if we have the alarm?"

Mommy then said there are 4 things that can get in only because they are the best. Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Leprechaun (wouldn't have thought of this one but it was just St. Patty's day and the Leprechaun just peed in our toilet).

Joel said - that is because they are good and have a shield?

Yes, that is why.

So, hopefully, no waking up scared about the ghosts.

Not the most epic Mommy moments.  But the most epic Mommy night.  I'll take it, and hopefully remember it forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment