Sunday, January 22, 2012

Movie Store

Today I took Joel Andrew to the movie store - it was my first time taking him though Joel Husband has done it a ton.  We went to see Beauty and the Beast, in 2D.

I highly recommend going to the AMC Theater in Danvers.  This is a part of the Liberty Tree Mall.  You can go early and take your kid to Buffalo Wild Wings, or Panera, and then to Mall Tots (great play space for $8 a child, your kiddo can go in the smallish slide area, the two bouncy houses, or run in their large arena with kiddo-sports equipment.  There is also every "car" known to man there).  Then you can stroll to the theater, and show up just as the movie is starting (which is about 30 minutes after the published start time thanks to the 8,000,000 previews).

We steal a "booster seat" for kiddos which is right by the entrance to your movie; we bring a sippy of juice (and should have also purchased an extra water or juice too), and buy a popcorn.  Joel Andrew is very entertained.  He did get a little bored at one point, but I looked around and most of the other toddlers were also standing on their parents or the chairs.  I think Beauty and the Beast maybe a little too old-school, can you believe it?  Kids are used to the fast-flying Pixar animation!

Go to an early film and that way you are guaranteed to be surrounded by other parents with toddlers too. This way we all laugh when one continues to shout out a funny line from Gaston.  In the end, Joel Andrew said he loved Beauty and the Beast - but I know his favorite part was the Be Our Guest song (mine too).

So, I had to go to the bathroom on our way out.  I did my usual, locking Joel Andrew in the handicapped stall with me and repeating: "Do not touch anything" over and over again until I am done.  Today he replied to me: "Can I touch the floor?" And I said, "Do not touch anything."  Then he replies "Can I touch the air?" - I soon realize he is actually repeating a scene from our fav at home movie - Despicable Me.  I look at him in amazement, first of all how does he remember this?  - he does not even look phased.  Does he know what he is doing?  I laughed and told him he could touch the air.

Cut to us in the front of the bathroom, while I wash my hands.  Same routine with the do not touch.  Joel Andrew asks to touch the floor, and just like Gru says in Despicable Me, I reply yes (to mean that your feet are obviously touching the floor).  Joel Andrew bends down and touches the floor with his hands.  Perhaps he really did not know...

No comments:

Post a Comment