Also, the second and most surprising thing to me, they did not want to watch any TV. We adults had already talked about being the worst parents ever this New Years and pumping them with a movie before bed and maybe one or two New Years day morning, but they weren't having it. They just wanted to play, and have fun. They did such a great job playing that the adults were also able to recover and enjoy as well.
We all went in the hot tub at various segments of the weekend. And the Solso family joined us for the football game the next day. Go Patriots! I was glad it was so warm out, the ladies went on a nice stroller walk and the boys got to run around outside. All in all a perfect way to ring in the New Year.
But, after everyone left after the game (with Solso addition that then made it 8 adults, 4 toddlers, 3 babies and 2 dogs), the house was trashed! Everyone did a great job helping clean before they left, but you know how I roll... So husband took the kids upstairs and I went crazy for four hours straight. Since each kid, and most adults had some form of bug or another, I sanitized and washed all the toys. I feel like it is probably a good idea to do that once a year anyway, so now I am covered.
Today the last of the holiday decorations are going down, this week the kids toy room transformation with be complete, and we are ready to roll into 2012. I am looking forward to a great year! Still working on my resolutions and will post that shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment