Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday River

This weekend we went up to our condo at Sunday River, in Maine with Auntie Jennie and Uncle Jeremy. I still cannot get over how much work it all was. There was so much to pack, so much to bring, so much to prepare for. We needed to share rooms with kids, so sleep is at a minimum. My favorite (sarcastic) part of the weekend is when I unpacked the kids room and just as I was finishing Joel Husband told me I did it wrong and I should move everything around again. Happy weekend.
It wasn't all that bad, we did have a good time. We figured out how to corral Baby James into an area with lots of toys to keep him busy and out of trouble. Before we figured this out, however, he had eaten soot, almost hit his head on the fireplace bricks, grabbed at wires, and almost had a kitchen chair fall on him. That was in a span of five minutes.
Joel Andrew did a great job skiing. We bribed him with Gummy Bears, which if you ask him, is his favorite part of skiing. It was beautiful out, and only about 35 degrees, so he was not cold. We walked him up the bunny hill and just kept going down. Mommy wore skis too so that he did not feel like odd man out. The less we helped him, the better he did. If he sensed you there, he would lean back and fall. So - the "leash" thing was quite a blessing the next day. We could guide him and follow him and keep him safe, but he didn't depend on us as much. When he was skiing down like this, he was a pro. Sadly he didn't enjoy it as much though, he was a little scared...
We bought him a helmet and the next time we go we will be trying him on the lift. Joel Husband wants to go next weekend, but I think I need a lot of time off. He is not the one planning the meals, packing, doing the laundry, buying the groceries, organizing where everything will go, making sure we have every last thing that we need from baby socks to spoons to sippys to toddler ski stuff to stuffed animals to gloves. It is a lot of work...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, if you could leave stuff there though it would be easier - can you do that? Have some relatively non perishable foodstuffs the kids like, the pack n plays, toys (since I know you have plenty of those), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I think this is why I was so cranky, it was the first trip of the season and the car was PACKED. I left the pack n play, a high chair, some food, lots of toys, some formula there, so we should be much better off next time. I think it is just overwhelming. There is a major difference between sunday river and sebago in terms of convenience. Probably the difference is Nana and Pa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, you did make Joel husband rearrange the room, right? Cause I would have poured myself a glass of wine and sat on the couch after a comment like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally did! And, I did sit on the couch. I don't think it has ever happened before or ever will since, but I was so steamed I couldn't even manage to open the bottle.

    ReplyDelete