Just to keep up with my new year's resolutions, I thought I would share a few additional dinners we have added to our plate. Ha, ha.
Pulled Pork
You can make this healthier by making your own BBQ sauce, adding chicken broth (that seems to be Weight Watchers answer for everything), and using Pork Shoulder (although I still used pork butt). Put with sauce in crock pot over low heat for 8 hours, and delicious pulled pork awaits. Minimal time by you. Kids may not eat the pulled pork per se, but you can make quick quesadillas out of the whole wheat tortillas and cheese you have to go with the pulled pork. Serve with avocado and sliced peppers and everyone is happy!
Piergoies
This is kind of cheating, since I already knew how awesome this is. Frozen piergoies, sauteed with a little bit of butter an olive oil are a suprisingly low weight watchers point treat. Serve with heated up turkey kielbasa and you have a healthy and complete dinner. The kids love it. (just look at the kielbasa as another version of hot dog and they will eat it).
Baked Chicken
A huge Weight Watchers fav, 4 points per breast and super easy to make. Just put chicken breasts, trimmed, in a baking dish. Add whatever fresh or dried herbs you like and pour chicken broth to the top of the breasts. Cook until done (about 15 minutes). Easy, simple. Serve with whatever side you like (I like Quinoa) and steamed broccoli. Lots of variations, juicy chicken. Add white wine to be sassy, or sliced jalapenos to be spicy.
Steak Tips, drew style
I buy the kind that are not yet marinated, cut them up and make my own WW approved marinade of worcesterchire sauce, garlic, italian seasoning and a bit of olive oil. Then I brown them, and finish them off in a low oven. (depending on how you like your meat cooked you leave them in the oven). Yum. Similarly, we do the same for Flank Steak which is also a big hit in my house.
Lasagna
The easiest, WW friendly lasagna. Take a box of barilla no-cook lasagna noodles. Follow the package directions BUT - use Jimmy Dean already cooked turkey sausage; use part-skim ricotta, and part-skim mozzarella. Add italian seasoning to the ricotta mixture. And, just use 2 Pomi crushed tomatoes from the box in place of jar sauce (I have a particular aversion to jar sauce). Throw it all together, so easy, no cooking of anything in advance and you have lasagna. Make it the night before and leave it in the fridge. I make it to take up to Sunday River, as soon as we get there oven on and 1 hour later delicious dinner.
All of these things can be made in the time my husband gets home from work to dinner time (when he takes the kids and I have a glass of wine!). Yum! Let me know if you have any more ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment