Today we ventured to the Seacoast Science Center for Ocean Commotion, a morning activity where we made sock puppets, Joel Andrew whined, touched a shark (a cute little tiny shark), and baby James puked on Mommy. It was awesome. The only thing that made me feel better was when I saw the Mom with slightly older than Joel twins, pleading with her daughter to stop whining, while her son was standing there happy as can be with pee down his pants. See, I am not alone.
Other than that, the class was nice. It was very similar to the Big Fish Little Fish class Joel Andrew and I did this summer, but it was obviously indoors. Same teacher. Same, start with a song, have an activity, read a book, play a game, sing the song type of thing. For some reason Joel Andrew turns into a monster in this sort of environment though. He becomes a combination of shy disobedient. He will not yell or scream or take the attention of the class, thankfully. But he will run to the side and not pay attention at all. I was surprised the one time he did pay attention, to pet the shark. He and I both enjoyed that one.
The timing was tough though - 9am, and 35 minutes from our house. Luckily Baby James transferred his nap from the car to the crib, or else Mommy would have surely lost it.
It was a tough day for us all around. Right now Baby James is whining in his exersaucer, while Joel Andrew is fighting a nap. Then what are we going to do? Joel Husband goes to Canada tomorrow... I guess I should be glad that they are both going into daycare and I will be going back to work at the end of March... Hooray?!
You are going back to work? That's great! I think you will like it once you get into a good routine. But it takes a few months to get there so don't dispair! I swear, my kid would be a heck of a lot less well behaved (not that she's that great lately)if it weren't for daycare. They really whip 'em into shape!
ReplyDelete