Sunday, May 20, 2012

Four Tree Island



Today we went to Amari's first birthday party on Four Tree Island in Portsmouth, NH.  What a super fun site.  James is still not 100% - which is leaving me confused.  Maybe it is not the ears, since he should be doing better by now?  Maybe it was not a reaction to the vaccines after all?  The fever comes and goes, is always low grade.  He is so cranky one minute and then the next minute really happy.  He has been drinking ok, but not really having any wet diapers.  He eats fine one minute and then will not eat again.  Just so weird.  I wonder if it is teething?

Anyway, Four Tree Island is awesome!  You go like you are going to Prescott Park - Strawbery-Banke Museum area, and keep going - making a left around the park and over a bridge - and there is a parking lot, a boat launch and a playground area that looks like it will be awesome when the kids are 3 and 5.  You can then hike over to the island where they have grills set up for anyone to use.  If you think ahead, you can reserve the main large grill in the middle of the island, which is where the party was held.  They reserved in advance.  This sort of thing, reserving or showing up and hoping to find a spot - freaks me out as I am always worried what if, do we wait, etc - but it was lovely and I wonder why we don't think to do these things ever?  It is just so nice that anyone, for free, can come and have the ocean all around them with beautiful views of the harbor and enjoy the day out in the sun while the kids run and play, grilling some good food.  This signs of no alcoholic bevs were totally, wonderfully, ignored by almost all the picnickers there.

Maybe if I ever get back into the SAHM thing again I can schedule a day out here.  It would be a good time!  I bet midweek it is not crowded either.  So, it was a lovely time but I couldn't help shaking that James is still not himself.  We said hello, had our cake, played for a minute and then ran out.  I am trying to let him get a few more zz's now.  Let's hope he feels better.  Tomorrow is a school day!

No comments:

Post a Comment