Friday, May 18, 2012
Spaghetti Dinner at the Fire House
Tonight Joel Andrew and I had a date night. It was awesome. Everything a date night should be. We ate, we laughed, we had dessert. He even told me: "Mommy, I like spending time with you." Unprompted. Just said it, when we were in the car. Yes, I cried. What a gentleman.
It all started off in the driveway, getting ready to go. I told him we were going to have spaghetti dinner in the firehouse, and he said, "Oh wait, I need my fireman hat." How do you argue with that? So, we got his fireman hat (and he proceeded to wear it backwards the whole time, but whatever). Back in the car, Joel Andrew picks up the laptop toy that was in there, leftover from Baby James many Dr visits this week. He feverishly "typed" away at the buttons and when I moved his arm to put the strap on he exclaimed: "Mommy, I am just trying to get my work done. One minute!" Ummm. Wonder where he learned that from...
We arrived at our dinner place, and it was pretty cool. Not just prego, actual homemade sauce. The boy scouts put this on as a fundraiser. I think it is super cool in our town to be in the boy scouts, because there were a lot of them there. It was nice to see! The firemen were there too - but then had to leave for a call. I love that in my small town they have various fundraisers in the firehouse. I wonder if we could ever rent it out for a party. hmmmm.
Joel Andrew ate more than I have seen him eat in a while, he really enjoyed the challenge of eating spaghetti and for the first time ever he actually ate sauce, which is now all over his shirt... He also ate salad. Like lettuce and everything, three pieces of bread (I think he had a crush on the girl who was giving out the bread), and then two cookies and watermelon. Yummy. We sat with friends and neighbors. It was nice.
We stopped at the supermarket on the way home, and it was question time. Joel Andrew loves you to ask him questions to things he knows the answers too. And, there are quite a number of things now he knows the answer to. Where do you live? What's your address (I recently taught him that!). What's your middle name? What's Baby James' middle name? Where does Nana and Pa live? Where do Grumpy and Ama live? What's Grumpy and Ama's cat's name? What's Mommy's name, Daddy's name, etc. We went through everyone's name - and he knew it all! Except, when I asked him What's Nana's name. He said "Nana, Nana Boo-Boo." And, he said it like, duh, Mommy... Good thing Nana Nana Boo Boo does not read this blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment