Monday, May 28, 2012
Memorial Day Weekend
This weekend we had a great time for Memorial Day. We opened up the cabin on Sebago Lake in Maine, and it surprisingly did not take that long. Within two hours we had everything unpacked, and out and ready for the summer - and within two more we had rearranged the entire first floor to make it more friendly for large groups of people. Sweet!
Speaking of sweet, this post will be short and sweet. I am tired, and although I got some naps in this weekend I really could use one more good night of sleep. Not to mention that I have lots and lots of work to do in order to put myself in good shape for the week coming up, filled with meetings and meetings and meetings. Oh, did I mention my boss quit? Yep. So, busy lady here!
But, back to our weekend. We taught Joel Andrew some more questions:"Who gave James his handsome?" - Joel Andrew's reply: "Grumpy!" "Who gave Joel Andrew his handsome?" Joel Andrew's reply, "Pa!"
As with most of our first weekends of summer, Joel Andrew is in full on bratty mode because of all the newfound attention from constant family. He would not even sit with me this morning for breakfast and flat out insisted he hang out with Pa. Although my ego was a little hurt, I said - whatever. Now that we are home he is back to being in love with me again. I just have to remember he is always like this at the start of the summer.
James is now the boss pretty much. He babbles around constantly and is in charge. He now likes to be fork-fed, while walking around. I indulged him this weekend but wonder how well this will play out mid-week. They shared a room like a champ this weekend, and both managed to continue to have a cold which I think they gave to Nana. Ah, daycare.
Here's hoping you had a great holiday weekend too! The start of a great summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment