Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An Evening with the Williams

Tonight we had our typical evening, everyone gets home.  Mommy has 30 minutes of quiet time while she cleans up lunch/school stuff, packs lunches for tomorrow, cooks dinner, goes through mail, generally organizes, etc.  The boys all hang out in the man room.  It is nice time for Mommy to be OCD and organize.  And, it is nice time for Daddy too to spend with the boys (I think).

Then, we all eat dinner together at the table.  We have always done this, and I have to say it is quite awesome.  Something else miraculous, is I have cooked most of these dinners, on week nights, after work.  Go me.  Tonight was steak tips, rice, asparagus.  Last night was pasta with turkey sausage and meatballs.  Tooting my own horn here.  But mainly because I hope I can keep up with the streak.  It has a lot to do with leaving work each day, no matter what, by 4:30.  Now that my boss is leaving, and I will be "helping" with some of her responsibilities, I hope this will still take place.  It better!  (it has to for when Joel husband is in Canada, since our daycare shuts its doors at 5:30...).

Anyway, so we eat dinner and it is nice time.  Sometimes.  Sometimes it is lots of whining, screaming and throwing food at the dog time.  I used to value my dinner and like it to be quiet. But now it is kinda nice.  I hope this will end up in me eating less, and losing weight, but recently that has not been the trend...

Anyway, after dinner, tonight since the boys ate well, we had graham crackers for dessert.  Picture if you will, a 13 month old adorable Baby James, dipping his graham crackers in Mommy's cup of skim milk.  Pretty much the cutest, and the messiest thing ever.  Something about those second kids, cause if Joel Andrew made this mess I would have gone ballistic.  Or does it have nothing to do with birth order and is more with personality?  Even our Dr, who I love, Dr. Lamm, has said that Baby James appears to be a "good hearted trouble maker."  Yep, that is my boy.  I think he was made extra-cute so that I would not swallow him whole.  Now whenever he does anything I laugh and snuggle him.  We are both in for a lot of trouble I think...

Anyway, Joel Andrew throughout all of this also enjoyed all of his graham crackers.  We have been trying to teach him some letters.  I thought each night for the next few nights I will build a letter to his repertoire, and in a month he will read the alphabet.  Probably not going to work out as fast as I had originally thought.  More like, we are really, really good with the letter B.  Not so good with A yet.  Still working out the number 7.  But we will get there.  I am glad he got the letter B though - because the we have this little magnetic alpha board thing that we have been using to teach the letters, and sure enough Angus ate "B" tonight...  I guess if it had to be any letter, it would be the one Joel Andrew already knows?  Too bad, Baby James...

And, that was the fun evening at our house.  Baby James got a bath, and walked around his room naked terrorizing the place for 20 minutes, which he loves. Then as soon as he got his sleep sack zipped went right into rest mode, rubbed his eyes and leaned on my shoulder before I put him in his crib.  I love putting him to bed every night.  Joel Andrew and Daddy are now watching Rio for the 1,000th time.  I am getting a quick blog in before I am about to log on and get some more work done. It is hard to believe it is summer.  I miss our full days together, but I know that with nights like these, I will take our new schedule anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment