Joel Andrew gets to go on Tumblebus, every other Friday, at school. This is quite funny, and awesome and strange. If you live on the Seacoast of New Hampshire, you might have seen Tumblebus driving around, big multi-colored former school bus, that on the inside has been gutted and instead outfitted with all sorts of gymnastic equipment. It is genius really. The mobile gym drives from daycare to daycare, and has little classes for the kids there.
You have to pay extra, for this class, and we do. We kinda go to a blue collar daycare though, and not everyone can afford Tumblebus. So, I feel horrible for any kids that do not get to do it, because pretty much it is all Joel Andrew talks about on Fridays that he gets to do it.
On the one hand, it makes me feel so happy that he is getting this extra activity. They send home a sheet listing the things he has learned, and you can ask him to do "Ta-Da" and he will do it. So super cute. But on the other hand it makes me sad that I can't be there with him. I am jealous he gets to have all the fun, I guess. We may try a gym class on the weekends, in the fall.
I emailed Tumblebus to ask them if we owe them money, and the lady cleared up with me that we didn't but then threw in: "Joel Andrew is such a good boy. He is very smart and very strong." And it made me cry. He really is a very good boy, and here he is, making this impression on someone I have never met - all on his own. I am very proud of him.
He received his certificate for completing level 1 yesterday. You can bet that he will keep getting to go on Tumblebus!
No comments:
Post a Comment