Sunday, June 17, 2012

School Luau


On Friday James and Joel's school had a family luau party.  They have been planning this for months.  We signed up to help with the bean bag toss, and to bring a kiwi platter.  The kids made tie-dye shirts in advance.  We were originally supposed to be in Chicago this weekend, but we ended up canceling it, so there I was, midnight Friday morning, working on the kiwi platter and thinking about flowered shirts that I wish fit James that Mommy Esq. gave to us.


It was a hard day at work, the night before was a huge event for us at Castle Hill, where one of our patrons fell ill. The event, however, continued on and it ended up being a lovely evening for many of our guests that were hopefully oblivious to the earlier evening's events.

I didn't get home until 11:30, which is way past my bedtime.  Waiting for me was a bunch of items I had purchased from Neiman Marcus online (on clearance sale).  I bought them the previous week when Joel Husband went up to Maine with the boys and I stayed home to get stuff done, and then proceeded to drink wine.  There was a reason these items were on clearance.  Most are going back, but I will leave you with the vision of a black cardigan, with large gold buttons down the pockets of the front, and magenta and red fringe with sequins.  Yeah.  What was I drinking?


Anyway, I digress.  Friday was a hard day at work as there was a lot to follow up on from the night before, but more so the sadness of it was my bosses last day.  We had a nice lunch for her, and I may have cried once or twice.  It will be super sad on Monday.  After the lunch and some running around to get things in place, I left for the luau.  This was a perfect thing to distract me and bring me into weekend mode.


They did a great job organizing.  The bouncy house was the best, until it got bounced out...  James ran the place, literally.  He was all over.  Make a mental picture of me trying to follow him, in front of the people that do it successfully all day long, and when I go to grab him his Lei breaks into a thousand shreds everywhere, and he cries, and a shoe falls off.  This, is what I thought, is why he is in daycare... They probably think we are a mess of a family.  But fun nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment