Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Maine Day


This Sunday we had a day in Maine.  Good times were had by all. First we went off to the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray, to meet with Jenny, Caroline and Troy.  Daddy stayed back and had some quality jet ski time.  Joel Andrew loved to see the animals, and had a ton of fun.  Mommy totally forgot to bring a stroller, so we used the Maine red wagon, which turned out to be a huge success.  Baby James, like the prince he is, just strolled in the back and threw things out left and right.  first his hat, then his water bottle, then his brother's water bottle.  Boy am I glad Joel Andrew and Caroline were there to assist in pick up.


The two bigs had a great time and the little trudged along.  We saw the bears up close, and even Baby James pointed at them.  The cougar was also an impressive exhibit, although she looked a little mangy. The moose was the best, we saw the moose way up close.  Unbelievable.  Actually, for a small little zoo place in the middle of nowhere, they have it quite nice.  There is a great picnicking place right in the middle of the place that we stayed at for a snack before Joel Andrew, James and I ran out to go to Portland to meet Daddy and Aunt Mara for lunch.


Off we went, to finally explore what Duckfat is all about.  And, that is about good stuff, let me tell you.  Bereft of stroller, I parked in the Ocean lot garage one block from Duckfat and we wheeled it on over.  The restaurant itself does not have much in the way of seating, it became immediately apparent that we would need to get take-out and walk to picnic.


We did, and what an awesome idea.  Not far, a few blocks, is the ferry terminal which is right on the water and you can watch all the boats go in and out.  Also, close by is a train with rides, but as we did not time it good - we tried to ignore that one.  I think they run every hour on the hour.  We ate our picnic and had a great time.  The Beignets there are to die for, as are the french fries and various dipping sauces.  I would like to go there again and really enjoyed the take-out experience.

I better go, I was trying to get this post in before bedtime as tonight is book club (we read 50 shades of gray).  James literally just brought me my glass from my bedside table.  Time to be a parent that pays attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment