Saturday, June 16, 2012
Gymboree is Gone
Many of my avid readers (all 2 of you) can recall how important Gymboree was to my two kids. Really, it was a savior for Joel Andrew during the months that I was pregnant and when James first arrived. He would go to all of his classes, with Nana and Pa or Ama and Grumpy and I feel that it had a great involvement in having him be the happy boy he is today. Plus, the clean up song along - and the resulting cleaning up that he is still doing, were invaluable.
I heard yesterday that Gymboree is closing. There last day was today. I was going to bring James, but couldn't which was a huge bummer. I wanted him to get to go one last time. Maybe Gymboree was really more for me than for them. A nice break in the day. The people probably laugh when the remember me, as large as a whale, pregnant with James, just laying on the ground watching Joel Andrew have fun in there. It was far enough away from our house that it was a true event to try and go there. WQe would usually make a lunch date afterwards. James and I got really into the thai place, and every Wednesday, after his class, we went there and saw the ladies. When we go now after work when Joel Husband is in Canada, the ladies tell us how they miss our weekly visits.
Gymboree was literally the safest thing about me going back to work. I was sad for James that he would miss that time with me, especially since Joel Andrew loved it so much. With James, we made good friends in the class, and that was the first time we did that as well - hang out outside of class with another family.
So, I may have to order a Gymboree parachute online (or get Joel Andrew one for his birthday). It will be a nice remembrance of all the fun we had there. I am sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to the awesome teachers, who we all built relationships with. I guess, it was the last hold out of being a SAHM. Gone! Sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment