This weekend we went to Bago Lake, we were in our cabin, up at the lake, all by ourselves. Nana and Pa and Aunti Jennie and Uncle Jeremy were doing all sorts of family things. They will be doing all sorts of family things out west for the next three weekends. It is very sad that Joel Husband and I just do not go, but it is really, really, hard to go with the both boys. We went out to the Berkshires with Joel Andrew when he was about 18 months old, and it did not go well... I know, we should try again, but it is hard.
We actually cancelled our weekend in Chicago next weekend for that very reason. With all the stuff happening at my work, with Baby James ears (he is getting tubes, we need to schedule the surgery), with the stress of travel and the expense of traveling with 4, we just canned it. Very sad. The fun Williams have kinda been shelved for a while. We are now the hermit Williams. I hope everyone out there who is missing us will just hold tight. Once we have Baby James old enough to be captivated by a Disney Movie, or iPad game, we will be back on the road. I know though, we have to get him out to see his great grandparents in Pittsfield...
Anywho, we did have some nice quality family time at the Lake. When the whole family and guests are up there, it is chaotic and fun - but Joel Andrew is always with his best buddy Pa and it is hard to hang out just the four of us. So, we enjoyed some time together. But also we got annoyed together too. Where is Pa everyone thought, at one point, I think. It is nice to have family time, but there is just so many answers to the question "Why?"
We did have a nice time, we went out to a delicious breakfast. We played on the submerged dock (the recent rains has gotten the lake the highest they have ever seen, which is miraculous since we had a drought of a winter). We went to Auntie Susan and Uncle Roger's and played in their castle. We watched Shrek on our awesome new TV set up (come up with a movie screen idea and tell Joel Husband and it will be done, within two weeks). We went for a walk, the Joels went on a jet ski ride, and good times were had by all.
They boys even slept in, in the same room on Sunday. Well, either that or the noise from the fans covered up their noises... Either way, both were happy as clams in their beds when I finally got them at 7:30. Successful!

Glad your little ones got to enjoy the castle, I think mine won't get to conquer it for another year, sadly :-(. I wish Maine wasn't so far from Maryland!
ReplyDelete