Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was great. It was the first time Joel let me sleep in since the kiddo was born (well, except for that other time when I had a little too much chardonnay the night before). I milked it! When I came downstairs there was a waffle breakfast waiting for me. I thought Joel cheated because Jennie and Jeremy were over and playing with the baby. But, Joel made sure to let me know that they had slept most of the morning too!
After that Joel went to play golf and little Joel, Aunt Jennie and Uncle Jeremy and I went out for a fun day. I know, it sounds bad that Joel went to play golf on Mother's Day, but it was actually my request since he had a gift certificate from his birthday last year that I got him, that he hadn't used yet, that was going to expire. So, off Aunt Jennie, Uncle Jeremy and me and the little guy went. We tried a craft fair in Hampton Falls, and then Newburyport for lunch.
After that, a Draft Horse Plow Match at the Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm in Newbury. Good times! We were originally supposed to go with a whole gang on Saturday, but the weather moved it to Sunday. I was not going to go because Joel (big) would be golfing, but then decided, why should we loose out on the fun? And, off we went. (little) Joel got up close to a horse. And, Mom and Uncle Jeremy enjoyed an Ipswich Ale while watching the plow match. Aunt Jennie was a big fan of the sheep shearing. It was gorgeous out, but so windy!
Now, back at home I am making the Joel's have a little bonding time, and figure out dinner for us. A successful first Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures..can't wait to actually hold the little guy...that is if Nana will let me

    ReplyDelete